Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rocks Don't Float

Bookmark and Share


Went for a walk with a dear friend of mine on Saturday- we gabbed in the sun for HOURS. You know when you get on a roll and you practically talk your jaw off? Fueled by caffeine, sun rays and estrogen I'm pretty sure were basically the Michael Jordan's of jabbering.

We came across these floating rocks*. The water was perfectly still despite being on the edge of the ocean. Cool, right?

This shot kind of makes me think of this shot... and this one...

*Just kidding about the "floating rocks" thing. Rocks don't float, silly!

If you liked this post and you would like to share it, that would be super! Thank you so much!

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. Either way it's a gorgeous pic. Would make a great inspirational poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it bad that I had to think about that for a minute? Like do rocks really not float?

    And you're right, it would make a good inspirational poster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondrful photos - what kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rod- I'm using my point & shoot Canon Digital IXUS 850IS (I just have the one camera @ the moment). I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul SwarthoutMarch 10, 2010

    Beautiful pic. But you might be surprised to learn that not all rocks sink. In fact, Pumice, a type of volcanic rock, FLOATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Spokeit- Aha! You must have known ALL ALONG that there were rocks out there that could float! ;) (thank you Paul, I didn't know that!)

    ReplyDelete