Monday, July 13, 2009

A Beer Good Enough for Prince George


I mentioned the other day that John and I went to an Organic Festival. One of the first signs that greeted us was for lemonade and we smiled and nodded and murmured, "Oh, what a nice pretty sign, it's so pretty, (sigh) so cute. Oooh. Ahhh."

And then angels started singing and THE CLOUDS PARTED AND OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED BECAUSE WE WEREN'T GOING TO BE ASKED TO GET THROUGH THE ENTIRE DAY ON LEMONADE ALONE - IT WAS DECREED!!!

That's right. This wicked Organic Fest had a Green Drinkery. Yessireebob. We were at a dang good festival.

My first "taste" was the Lotusland 2002 Pinot Noir (above). I liked it. I was a happy camper. Granted, I was sitting in the sun, downing a generous glass of wine and everyone was practically BEGGING me to feel all high and mighty as I was supporting the organic wine industry... but still, I think that Pinot did it's part to brighten my day.

The discerning wine drinker will note that the picture above is not of a glass of red wine and a glass of white wine. No, no. The glass on the right is a glass full of BEER. Beer? Beer! There is a good reason for the departure from the pure "Wino" side of "Fido & Wino" however as this is a very special glass of beer. Oh yes.

Drum roll please.

Let me introduce you to... NATURELAND!!!

John tasted NatureLand's Organic Lager and said it rocked. This is all lovely and good but the real kicker in all of this is that the Pacific Western Brewing Company- which brews NatureLand- is based in PRINCE GEORGE!!! I grew up in Prince George! This is amazing because Prince George has also voted, year after year, to keep a giant wooden man (Mr. PG if you will) as the mascot for the city (I'm not kidding, google it). Who knew good 'ol PG had it in 'er to whip up some tasty organic brew?

Pacific Western: If you're reading this, call me! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)


No comments:

Post a Comment