Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Happy New Year!
It has been quite a year. Mostly it's been amazing- every year has its ups and downs of course- but on the whole I am entirely thankful for all the sparkly wonderfulness and the many chances I have had to learn a little bit more about myself, my family*, and the complex and glittering people (and critters!) around me.
I've been carving out this little corner of the blog-verse for a little over 6 months now and I just want to say thank you THANK YOU for joining me and sharing your thoughts, experiences and general hilarity with all of us! I think you're WICKED. Every morning I look forward to getting up and checking my inbox to see all the fabulous nuggets you guys have shared!
So, a year in review from Fido & Wino (okay, it's only been 6 months, you know what I mean... saying "6 months in review"... not as catchy...):
1. I wrote A Letter to the Asshole Who Abandoned My Dog because I was so PISSED with the asshat who abandoned my dog, Kayloo, at a dump when she was 3 or 4 weeks old. What kind of toolbox pulls that kind of crap?! And there I go again...
2. We had the chance to enjoy a wonderful summer by the water, crashing out in complete exhaustion and sometimes just smelling the daisies;
3. My dogs wrecked some stuff including a cushion... and some shoes...
5. But every now and then the dogs were almost perfect in every way;
6. ... before coming to their senses and wrecking more of my crap... like another cushion (II);
7. When the Toronto Humane Society story on animal cruelty came out I think we all felt a deep sense of sadness and a certain sense of betrayal. It just shouldn't happen;
9. And before we knew it was Thanksgiving! I wrote this one about my first experience with red wine...
10. ...before I rambled on about not getting kids dogs for Christmas (I ramble sometimes!).
In May I said good bye to a dear friend of mine. I was thinking about her when I wrote this and she is the reason I started here in the first place. She was sunshine and sass and I will continue to learn from her through my thoughts and my dreams.
From my family to yours, HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR, give your pups and pets a kiss for me and I'll see you in 2010!
* In my world my immediate "family" is defined by John, Mickey, Kayloo & me. We are a family of 4. If you think that is weird... well okay, I don't actually think you think that is weird...
If you liked this post and you would like to share it, that would be super! Thank you so much!